The summer is the perfect time to lighten up your hair with layers, colour, or a shorter cut. Your hair stylist at bob + paige hair salon is here to help you choose a summer style that is right for you based on your face structure and style.
On hot summer days, it can be hard to think of day-to-day styling that doesn’t require you to sacrifice your entire look. There’s nothing worse than having the perfect outfit on, and having to throw your hair up in a plain ponytail.
For those days where the only thing you think can cool you down is an ice cold glass of lemonade and a dip in a pool, we have chosen a few easy, yet stylish up-dos to help you beat the summer heat!
A French braid is one of those tried and true styles that never goes out of fashion. This look can easily transfer from daytime to nighttime, either by slicking it back or pulling out pieces near your face. Follow these easy steps to complete a relaxed French braid:
- Grab a large section of hair at the top of your head.
- Split this section into three equal strands.
- Braid these pieces into a regular three strand braid.
- Do this three times.
- Grab a piece from the left hand side, and braid it into this original braid. Do the same thing on the other side.
- Complete yet another regular three strand braid with these three pieces.
- Repeat the steps until you reach the bottom of your braid, then tie it up with a hair elastic.
The messy bun is another staple look that will help save you from the heat of summer. Roughing up your strands before styling will give this simple bun some texture. Ask your hair stylist at Bob + Paige hair salon for product tips for thickening or waving your hair.
This look has been seen at a lot of music festivals, and is a perfect whimsical look for the beach or a walk in the park on a hot day.
- To make your hair look fuller, lightly backcomb your hair and spray it into place.
- Loosely part your hair down the middle in the back.
- Start braiding on one side, taking three strands from your scalp.
- Follow the shape of your head and move upwards as you get closer to your face.
- Braid all the way to the end of the hair and then tie it!
- You’re not done yet! Even this out and repeat on the other side (this style could look a little too eccentric with only one side done).
- Again, if you aren’t blessed with thick hair, pull small pieces of hair out along the braid to give it the illusion of thickness
- Bring the braids across your forehead and put in bobby pins in an “X” where you think looks best.
Remember that you don’t have to sacrifice the appearance of your hair because of the season. Take advantage of the heat to try some new hair styles. If you’re looking for more tips to beat the heat, don’t be afraid to ask your hair stylist. Don’t let the heat win this one!